View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 10:37 AM   #1
onewheelcop
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Hunting Buggy Build. Help appreciated!!!

I have a 2002 Ezgo TXT.
My cart is bone stock with the exception of a camo body and 10" chrome wheels and rear seats. I have just purchased 8 6volt Trojan T105's to convert it from 36 to 48v as i have read that Trojan battery company itself has put out an estimated range for various configurations. And they estimate that 8 6volt T105's will get you an estimated 80 percent longer drive time than the 6 8volt T875 configuration ( from an estimated 20ish miles to 35ish miles ). So i opted for more juice!! I also have the SR48600 Alltracks controller, HD solenoid, 6" axle drop lift and 23" Maxxis Bighorn knock offs that are 7" wide. I figured a more narrow wheel would be less rolling resistance thereby reducing battery consumption. This is my first build and all my research has lead me to leaving the stock Black motor in until i have to upgrade. I was informed that the "gray" motor didn't really change performance very much with the 48volt conversion, however the "black" motor came to life so to speak after the same upgrade, so thats what I went with for now..
Any advice from anyone who has done this will be greatly appreciated. I am using the bag-well space for the additional 2 batteries. I also have all 2ga wires for the build. anyone that has already done this, please chime in with any performance or range benefits. Thanks in advance.
onewheelcop is offline   Reply With Quote