View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 09:03 AM   #2
mulecart76
Gone Wild

Default Re: Huntin tips and Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 CC View Post
Ok yall, Lets hear some tips and ideas for anykind of hunting... Anything you have found to be successful, let us know. I personally need to find out what Ladder stand, feeder, and game camera I should use for next year... Thanks!!
I have never used a ladder stand, but I love API and Summit stands. Gorrilla seems to be a favorite also. I prefer lock on stands with a metal ladder. They are great for bowhunting and easy to transport.

Feeders, I have used Moultrie, but I seem to always have trouble. If you want to get serious about feeding spend as much as you can and get one with solar charger built in.

I have a Moultrie Digital camera and it is a piece of junk. Cuddeback is supposed to be a great camera but pricy. Here is a website http://trailcameras.net/ to help in your decision. Digital is definitely the way to go. You can spend a fortune on film and get one that you can hook up a solar panel to. Batteries will also eat you up. I had a film camera (Stealth) and got some great pics, the Moultrie has been a disaster.

Everything that you have listed are great but if you are going to get them spend the max money or don't buy them. You will find you get what you pay for.
mulecart76 is offline   Reply With Quote