View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 09:04 AM   #1
cwayaustx
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Lithium battery question

Question for the lithium guys. I'm familiar with batteries and wiring(electronics tech) but haven't seen the construction of the leaf modules am I familiar with the lithium's charging/discharging/equalization needs.

Here is the pack I'm considering http://hybridautocenter.com/HAC4/ind...les&Itemid=605

I'm assuming I can disassemble pack and assemble to series packs wired in parallel for a 68v 128aH pack? Are the single modules held together via a frame of some sort? Would I risk damaging them by seperating them and reconfiguring?
Also, what does the process of bottom balancing consist of and does it only need done once before installation?
I am waiting on an answer from quick charge to see if they can program my battery charger I originally ordered setup for 72v FLA's from cloud electric.

Last question, since these batteries are rated differently than a FLA, would I see better range from the above linked pack than from a 72v pack of nine-eight volt Trojan ranger 160's. I think the weight loss alone is worth the conversion and the price difference is minimal at this point. Cart will be mostly for off-road/hunting, eight inch long travel lift on 26-27 inch aggressive tires. Very likely chance it will end up with a two speed rear end as well.

I just want to make sure I get all my ducks in a row if I decide to go this route before pulling the trigger.
cwayaustx is offline   Reply With Quote