View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 10:15 AM   #1
uiuwrestler125
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Exclamation G29 speed Issues?!?!

Please Help.

I a m new to this forum because it appears there are a lot of informed people that visit this site and may be able to help me.

I bought a 09 Yamaha drive Top speed 11-12 mph... I researched that a speed spring can be bought to increase speed to 16-18 mph which I would like since I do drive it from my house to the course 1.5 miles away up hill. While going step by step to replace stock spring with speed spring( it goes with the governor) I noticed that I cant get the old spring out( welded in there it appears). So I put it all back together the same way I took it apart. Except now The cart goes a screaming 23mph( screaming because it revs high). That is not what I want. I re took it apart and put it back again and still 23. I even loosened the governor nut all he way and got it to 22 but still not desired. Is it possible the throttle cable is pulled somewhere making it go that fast or some other issue I can try to resolve? I am no mechanic but this was suppose to be simple. I am handy and can follow directions pretty well. I just want to get back to the 11-12 mph and be happy with it. I appreciate all your help with this.
uiuwrestler125 is offline   Reply With Quote