Thread: Stereo hook up
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #10
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Default Re: Stereo hook up

Dude, if people didn't ask questions, this forum would be useless. It's cool. On the precedent, there is a channel under the floorboard that you can run the wires through - just remove the floormat. I already had my stuff wired to power behind the dash and that was prewired to feed off the 12v leading from battery 4 (that's what the blue wire dangling off that battery is for). So, I only had to run speaker wires back. I think David (TahoeDawg) helped me rewire my 12v source such that my spare battery feeds into the battery bay where all the wiring is and hooks into and replaces the 12v source that was coming off battery 4.

I must admit, though, that the reason I mounted my radio and speakers like I did was because, at the time, I couldn't find a Precedent dash that had a spot for speakers - 6.5" speakers anyway. If they have them now, that's cool. If they had had them then, I probably would have gone with the dash kit. I waited until I was almost positive that the speakers would fit before I cut the holes for them. If you haven't found it already, I have a thread around here somewhere on what I did. I did have to take a roto tool to the battery bay wall in a couple of small places to make room for the speaker magnets but it was nothing that affects the integrity of the battery bay structure.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote