View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 10:48 AM   #1
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Epsom Salts Battery Treatment

I just couldn't resist the urge to try the "Epsom Salts" treatment on my 4yr. old Trojans.(hydrometer tested at av. of 1.216) 1 cup salts to 1qt. of boiling distilled water, stir until water is clear. I made up a qt. at a time. Used a little over one gallon total. Draw down water levels to plates with a squeeze bulb. (It takes some time). Careful with handling for disposal. Refill with solution. Recharge the batteries. 1st. reading was av. 1.218 Ran the cart until batteries showed about 65% charge. Recharged and got an av. reading of 1.228 Ran the cart again down to about 70%charge and reading is 1.238. This comes out to about 12% increase already and it may go up some more. My batteries all check fairly close to each other and have been well maintained. I have a batch of solution left over to add when necessary. It looks like the treatment is well worth the effort and is not a rocket science procedure. 3# of Salts cost me $6.97 at the drug store. If you run other threads for "De-sulficatiion" you can pick up more information. I took the quick, simple and inexpensive process and I am convinced it works.
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote