View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 06:56 PM   #5
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Default Re: Battery question again, mine are shot

OK, no Trojan dealers close enough to me but, I did find a place called Battery Warehouse.
I called them this morning and asked if thy had 8V golf cart batteries. Guy says yup, we got a bunch of them. I ask what brand and price.
The guy says US and $117 each.

So I pull the batteries out of the cart and head over, about 60 miles from here.

I'm worrying how long they have sat on the shelf all the way over.

I'm impressed. They had a pallet full and all were dated 6/19. "F9" plus each battery had electronic pen markings on each battery 6/19 with some initials.

The US batteries were rated 170 AH @ 20 HR, same as my T-875 Trojans that were bad.

I checked the voltage of each of the new US batteries and all were within 1/100 of a volt with average reading of 8.36 V.

Got back, cleaned out the battery compartment and installed the new batteries. I checked pack voltage before I made my final connections to the cart at 50.2V. I made the final connections and turned my Run/Tow switch back to run.

I checked to make sure the cart worked then hooked up the Charger. Everything is beautiful.

This is the first set of new batteries that I've had to break in in a long time.

My OTD price for 6-170 AH US batteries was $778.12.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote