View Single Post
Old 05-29-2021, 01:20 AM   #16
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2012 Mule KAF620M electrical assistance

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougs_huntingcart View Post
You guys are awesome. Thank you. I got into the electrical briefly but with my son graduating this weekend, this mule isn't on the honey do list.

I did identify that there was a rogue red lead to the positive side (with the yellow connector). I removed that b/c this seemed to be part of a previous light bar installation. I traced a black, white and red through the dash, back up to the light bar toggle switch on the dash. That thing was a mess b/c of a rogue 30amp fuse, a loose red, a connected to the battery red, a rogue black and another connected to some odd accessory relay. All hidden in a electrical tape bundle Christmas present. Such a mess.

Honestly I stopped there because I hear there are "more important" things I need to accomplish.

The mule does not crank. Turn of the key yields the fuel pump prime and a click of the starter relay.
You think I'm an awesome guy? Thanks! I'll take that.

Well, thank goodness I'm not totally nuts. I knew that lead with the yellow connector was likely to have issues. Sorry to know you found such a mess. Unfortunately, that mess shows what you're up against. But, have no fear, Colin is here. He'll get to the bottom of it.

What were you told when you bought the Mule? Previous problems? Had it been running recently or sitting a while? Did it/does it have a winch?

Should have told you that the water/temp sensors are a frequent problem. My advice is to always go OEM when replacing. I went through two cheap ones that failed quickly and finally found a OEM replacement along with a relay, flushed the radiator and use a coil cleaner to clean the radiator grill. No overheating issues the past two years.

I sent you a private message. Please check you messages. There is something there that will be very helpful.

Congrats to your son! Enjoy the time with your family.
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote