View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 03:50 PM   #11
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2012 Mule KAF620M electrical assistance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
You could try refitting the blue/red to see if that sorts out the fan, then do the same with the white wire to see what happens with the crank circuit and go from there. I honestly cannot see that the whit wire is causing an issue as it just goes to a fuse and then out to accessory connections, but who knows what a previous owner has done in the past.

At the end of the day, if you solve the fan issue, you can probably overide part of the crank circuit if this is for your personal use and just wire straight from the ignition switch to the starter.
Bingo, Colin! That BL/R needs a new connection out of that silly bundle. Also, the connector for the current bundle is terrible. See the white wire peeking out below the connector? It does not appear to be inside the connector properly. If it were and the other end is connected to the fuse, as it should be, it should blow the fuse as soon as the bundle is connected the the Bat - terminal. Am I correct?? Maybe it's the phantom ground.

It dawned on me that the 50a “fuse” you were looking for MAY be right in front of your eyes, on the Battery +. See attached photo. Colin, am I correct??
If I am correct, WHY is it there?? What was connected to it??
I would remove this fuse since it serves no purpose at this point and may interfere with proper contact of the other connectors.
The wiring diagram shows an optional, I think, Red wire from Bat + to the fusible link fuse then to an optional Alternator (#10) that Colin was describing. If I am correct that the Red wire is in addition to all the other wires on the Bat +, why did the previous owner cut the Red wire from the bundle and where is it now connected??

I looked at the manual again and it says “after you replace the battery reconnect the THREE wires/cables to the battery positive and one wire/cable to the battery negative.” So, at least it’s telling us that in the factory setup there are only three wires on the positive. Excluding the bundle, you have only TWO connections on the positive, that I can see, and one HAS to have a BL/R wire to the fan relay. Why is it missing? Of the two connectors on the positive, one is suspicious to me - Pinkish color with a yellow connector. Where does this go?? This color is not shown on the wire diagram. The other connection appears Orange on my screen. Is it really Red?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Battery.jpg (160.6 KB, 0 views)
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote