View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 08:41 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Used Buying Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregahamilton View Post
Instead of upgrading my existing cart I'm in the market to buy a "new to me" cart.

Other than the obvious, frame rust, batteries bulging, tire condition, test ride results, and just overall cosmetic appearance of the cart what are some things I should be watchful for.

I plan on using my DMM to check pack and individual voltage. I also have a cheapo battery load tester from Harbor Freight but I don't think it has a 8v option so I don't think I can use it.

Obviously the $$$ is in the batteries and electrical system and I want to make sure they're up to snuff, or know to point out problems to be able to negotiate a lower price.

Also, I noticed that there are about double the amount of threads in the Club Car section of this site than there are EZGO or Yamaha. Is that just a product of there being more Club Cars than other brands, or is possibly because Club Cars are more prone to being problematic?
That is a good observation. I think it is a little bit of both. Everybody has their opinion but at the end of the day you have to work on it and ride in it. I find access to electronics better and ride quality better in the TXT48 than the DS & Precedent. So if your not working on it or riding in it, why do you have it
All three major brands are a good bet. Stay away from anything else. Especially if you want to add aftermarket stuff like rear seats and lift kits.
Aluminum frames do not rust. They do oxidize and crack. Each cart has pros and cons. If you live someplace steel cannot this may be an attractive trade off.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote