Thread: John's Cart
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 06:29 PM   #5
orangecart75
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: John's Cart

I continued to work with the other panels to get all the old paint off. I found that the original color was that standard issue light tan. Someone (PO?) had painted it yellow in a couple spots and then his son obviously didn't fancy that and painted it orange. Fortunately all that God awful stuff was gone but it exposed some...things....

This ole girl had been abused and couldn't find the hotline number to report it. This thing is beat, banged and bruised. I don't think I have a straight panel on the whole thing. "Dents O'plenty" should be this thing's name. Too bad dad got first dibs

I can't lie. I've had a couple of body shop classes years ago. Does that mean I know what I'm doing? Absolutely not but it's like riding a bike, right? I tried my hand at a little light bondo work. Oh yes, this is just how I remember it As much as I want this to be semi-nice I think I'm going to have to live with some dents. Honestly, the kids will get a hold of this and probably jump it like Bo Duke. It's probably best to leave the cosmetics at a minimum.

I'm not sure if you noticed it or not but the rear fenders have more holes than Swiss cheese. I have no idea why but they do. The PO put some pieces of wood on top of the fenders and called it good. I'm thinking of doing the same. I also came up with my color. Dad wanted a Hummer at one time and he wanted a red one. So this ole girl will be red with black trim. I figure he'd like that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190626_114729.jpg (198.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190623_133629.jpg (92.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190623_142818.jpg (236.7 KB, 0 views)
orangecart75 is offline   Reply With Quote