View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 02:28 PM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Power and torque upgrade guidance

Your cart is running slower than normal for a PDS, but it might be in the mild hill mode. Put controller in diagnostic mode and count the beeps that sound. Text at bottom of attached PDS label tells you how to get in diagnostic mode, next chart tells you how many beeps for which mode and third chart gives speed and amount of regen braking for each mode.

I also attached a SoC chart, looks like your batteries are only being charged too about 90%SoC. Try doing some back-to-back charges and they might charge to a higher SoC.

The torque loss from the 1/2" taller than stock tires is negligible (~3%) and they are not the low pressure type, so the low speeds going uphill is very likely due to high current cables that are too small and in bad health as well as undercharged batteries.

What make/model charger are you using?

--------------
The first upgrade I made to my cart was replacing all 10 of the OEM high current cables with 2Ga and noticed a seat of the pants increase in low end torque even though the cart was only three years old when I acquired it. Of course, the top speed remained the same because a stock PDS controller RPM limits the motor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS Label on Controller Cover.JPG (142.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PDS J2 mode plugs.jpg (130.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PDS Mode speed-regen level.JPG (18.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg JohnnieB's SoC Chart.JPG (63.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote