View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 09:47 PM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New EZGO 2Five Lithium Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernito View Post
After fits and starts and months of research, I am finally going to embark on my 2014 EZGO 2Five lithium conversion. Thank you to all the forum members who have, and hopefully will continue to, answered all of my newbie questions. I have purchase nearly everything and here is my build plan:

1. Remove existing FA batteries and bolt Seaboard High Density Polyethylene Sheet over top of the battery tray.

2. Utilize existing Delta-Q QuiQ 922-4852-E6 onboard charger and have it reprogrammed to a lithium profile. This allows me to utilize the chargers built-in downconverter for my existing accessories.

3. Install seven battery Nissan Leaf pack.

4. Install BMS with HV and LV cutoff with a 20% - 80% SOC target.

5. Connect the BMS to DSDP Relay to control the HV and LV cutoff.

a. The DSDP Relay will be connected to the interrupted black wire (AC hot) where it goes to the AC socket that the onboard charger plugs into to control the HV cutoff.

i. Connect a 12 guage red wire from the + terminal of lithium cell 14 to the + terminal on the relay coil.

ii. Connect a 12 guage black wire from the C- on the BMS to the – terminal on the relay coil.

iii. Cut black AC Hot wire between the AC input socket and onboard charger and connect side closest to the AC input socket to NO (Normally Open) on the relay with 12 guage wire.

iv. Connect 12 guage wire to Com (Common) on the relay and connect it to the other side of spliced black AC Hot wire closest to the onboard charger.

b. The DSDP Relay will be connected to the interrupted yellow wire from the throttle encoder to control the LV cutoff

i. Cut yellow wire from the throttle encoder and connect it with 16 guage wire to NO (Normally Open) on the relay.

ii. Connect 16 guage wire to Com (Common) on the relay and connect it to the other side of the spliced yellow wire connected to the controller.

iii. Connect NC (Normally Closed) on the relay to the black wire.

6. Install two guage cables to the positive and negative terminals

a. Connect positive cable to the solenoid and install a 300Amp ANN fuse inline.

b. Connect negative cable to the golf cart controller.

I welcome everyone's feedback and will inevitably have several questions I would like to clear up prior to starting the project.
I would try pulling the throttle (yellow) low to black with a resistor (something between 20k and 50K so the pull to low is instant as soon as the throttle is interrupted. You only have 0.4 second for the relay to fully transition before a throttle wiper error occurs and is logged in the permanent error log.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote