View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 10:32 AM   #3
Steve Patrick
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 91 ParCar only runs in reverse

Thank you for the response Lochlin. The starter does spin with no effort. In fact I am such a rookie, when the starter would spin, I thought the engine was running........then I found this site. So what I have done, is pull the plug and bring the piston up to top dead center (just a hair short of TDC). I took the rotor and with a black magic marker drew lines across the top of it to reference where my magnets were located in relationship to the module. Next I rotated the module plate to center the screws in the center of the slots per your recommendation I found in your conversion thread. I actually had to rotate the plate quite a bit and now the closest magnet is just slightly in line with the module. Loosening the screws and tweaking the rotor to the module is my next step. I feel like my timing was way out of whack. Do you think I am on the right track or am I still missing something? It got too dark and cold for me to continue to try and start it last night but hope to hit the key later this afternoon.
Steve Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote