View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #7
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Took an hour this morning to do something I have longed to do since I owned the cart- make it so that I can actually sit in it. As you can see, the front seat bottoms wouldn't hold a mouse.

I pulled all 600 staples out- whoever did these seats actually used a desktop stapler to put these covers on! These were really nice at one time- beautiful pleats and piping, but ten years outside will make them brittle, ripped, and faded. To make matters worse, some ding dong put a pair of pliers on the and let them sit outside with the cart.

I first tried washing them with mild soap and a brush, but they only marginally improved. I cut out new seat bottoms and wrapped the foam and seat covers around it, then stapled it back on. Eventually I will get new seats, but my goal is to have this thing ugly and running in three weeks, then beautiful by halloween. I used Westleys blech white (used to brighten up white walls) and a brush, and they brightened right up. A couple of coats of spray vinyl dye where the rust stain was and they look quite presentable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote