View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 02:45 PM   #5
junkzoo
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: My '87 is on jackstands now

Thanks for the tips on the wiring.
Plans for the new/upsized batt cables are to use a lil dieelectric paste prior to lugging, more to keep it from "greening " up" and use of shrink tubing where i can use it (I have a "good" stuff that has the adhesive on the inside )
and prob in time go over and replace all other of the smaller gauge wires/connections, just for my own piece of mind , knowing they are done well.

And speaking of electrical stuff , i have a Taylor Dunn analog state of charge meter on mine which did not work when i got it (found there was only ONE wire going to it, and yet have found any remnants of it's mate LOL) I removed the meter from it's place in the dash and jumpered it to the battery pack itself, to check it's condition. I've got a 36v setup on my cart, and it states that on the gauge sticker, so at least i know it's prob the original or at least correct one. when i connected it to the batteries (using the full 36 volts, correct?) the meter pegs full over to the 3 o'clock position.
i also connected it to just 12 volts of the batt set (I lifted connections to isolate the 12 volts) and it of course reads lower/less "full on " pegging to the right.

Am i stupid on what the meter should be connect to /across? or do i have a bad meter?

At this time my computer is "stupid " and i can't read/open/save anything PDF-wise and can't really make out connection good enough with the thumbnails provided here at this time (I just gotta kind my CD of Powerpoint or whatever i got b4 when i had this problem w/ PDF stuff)

Even tho i read my batt. set after each use i give it w/ a Fluke meter(and charge accordingly), i still want to be able to see something on my dash to give some sort of idea as to where i'm with the batt's charge.

Thanks
junkzoo is offline   Reply With Quote