View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 01:28 AM   #1
junkzoo
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default My '87 is on jackstands now

Nothing wrong with things here, just took the time to put it up in the air to check things out underneath etc. Checked/adjusted rear brakes(was not bad, but now i know their status and blew out(dunno if pad are asbestos or not, but had a respirator on anyway ),cleaned up stuff there,also lubed the front suspension. Removed unneeded/wanted stuff from prev owner (my cousin), CB and related stuff all the way to the antenna mounted on the rear bumper.removed/cleaned up all batt connections(at least i know i'm "good" on those , until i replace/upgrade-size them when i get back to work after my sick leave from spinal fusion surgery ends inna few weeks, I'm a industrial 'lectrician w/ "access" to the good stuff LOL )
Fixed the "touchy" F/R switch, (cleaned up contact when in reverse, sometimes it would not "make" well enuf to move backwards)

Also noticed the ends of the floor where it bends up to the cowl had cracks in it, so i'll get to practice my alum mig welding son alslo (and beef up the area while i'm at it since it was a wear n tear/age cause for the cracks)

The big "boredom" thing i started doing , was to polish up the aluminum brackets/trim on the ol '87.(Stuff tends to get a lil "dry" looking over the yrs). Started with just hand metal polishing stuff and was very impressed on how it came out, so i got the bench buffer i had stashed away and removed a rear top support bracket(the one that start out on the body, goes/meets the rear seat and bends back to the rear area) Lemme tell you it looks like CHROME now and took off the lil brackets on the windshield, on the cowl to the 'shield frame, just cuz it was a EZ job to polish up.Again, they came out FANTASTIC! Can't wait til i do the winter project i have in my to do list and take off the body for a lil bodywork and then paint it a new color, then i'll have all the other aluminum pieces off anyway and can get the rest of them all nice n shiny.

It's only a '87, but it'll be one clean looking one with metalwork prob looking better than when it was new.

I'm really getting into this lil mini resto i am going now, i 'm in the shop and lose all track of time and having a ball!

Then it'll be a lift and new wheels n tires,,, then i'll be afraid to use it around here as a sorta utility vehicle LOL.
junkzoo is offline   Reply With Quote