View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 12:54 PM   #9
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Clean and Polish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddaniels View Post
I just bought a 1997 G16A. The guy that had it before put some stickers on it, like bumper stickers. I've removed them and find that enough of the gelcoat has faded that the outline of the stickers remains.

What's the best thing to use to brighten up the entire body of the cart and blend these oulines in? Rubbing compound? Cleaning compound? I'd appreciate help

Thanks!

Ed
Actually your car is painted, with a clearcoat. Treat it like you would a car. You could "wet sand with 2000 wet/dry sand paper" and "buff" it out. I hear "Claybar" work like sandpaper. It is always a "hit or miss" propsition when we take decals/stickers/logos off cars. Sometimes we use "Goofoff" to get rid of the glue left behind. Sounds like your more interested in "restoring" the paint finish. Good luck and keep us posted. PS -Newguy I have to agree with Mike on this one. Your body is polypropalin and I do as you said to get the inperfections out...you just don't have a "shine/luster anymore. With the later body's being paint...you have to look at it differantly.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote