Old 05-02-2019, 12:04 PM   #6
gree7363
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS Lithium Conversion - 150ah 14s goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
Good to hear!

I think you're the first person to actually document using the Chargery BMS so that's why I asked. We've had a few use them for their lithium conversions, but never really report back with their experiences or results. Also, you're the first on here that I know of to use Soul modules for a build.

I've really enjoyed by ZEVA BMS so far but it's always good to have options.

Let us know what kind of range you're getting when you get time to drive 60 miles straight
It actually saved my A** with one of my packs, because i was getting really big voltage swings on the cells.

The pack in question actually had some shipping damage, i suspect UPS dropped the package the damaged module was in.. I ended up tearing the whole pack apart to check everything out and 2 of the series battery tabs welds had come off, so i had to re-spot weld them on and everything worked exactly as it should after that.

Cant really fault the supplier, there was clear box damage on the 1 of 2 modules I purchased (shipped together but 2 packages) but i didnt catch the internal damage until the BMS showed me all kinds of problems, though the pack was driving the cart no problem. Without that feedback it would have certainly ended in disaster.

All in all, i'd recommend for sure.
gree7363 is offline   Reply With Quote