View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 04:19 AM   #2
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Chassis recommendation for 52v li-ion conversion and project reality check

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrider View Post
Hi buggie fanatics,

My 52v batteries will put out 40amps continuous I'm not sure this will be enough current to drive the electrical system of a cart, but I'll let one of the electrical gurus give you a definitive answer on this. and have about a 28ah capacity. I know that's not much compared to some of the li-ion cart conversions out there but my power needs are very modest and I already own the batteries and chargers.

My hope is that I'd be able to find a used 48v four seat golf cart with dead batteries and that my 52v li-ion battery would serve as a mostly plug and play substitute. If I have to replace controllers and motors, this doesn't make sense for me. There are folks on here who have done lithium conversions and still use the stock motors. I'm not sure about the stock controllers though.Can any of you see any reason I can't just swap out the old batteries with my li-ions without having to redo all the electronics? Do I need to worry about being slightly over-volted? You would not need to worry about the slight over voltage. Many folks on here are running higher voltages than 52.

Thanks!
Most of the folks on here converting to lithium are using batteries from Chevy Volts and Nissan Leafs. There are a few that have used other batteries. If you use the search in the tool bar, you will find many threads.

Oh, and welcome to the forum
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote