Old 04-08-2019, 01:31 PM   #6
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lithium Conversions Cuts out at full throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporty2k View Post
Hi all,
Just did a lithium conversion yesterday using a 7module Leaf pack with integrated BMS from techdirect club. Stock Controller with plumquick bandit motor on a lifted 2010 Club Car precedent. Pack was charged at 100%.

When I took it for its first test spin it rode fine until I hit full throttle. When I did it died. I hit the tow switch to push it back to my garage and when I flipped it back to Run everything worked fine again. Took a second test run and the exact same occurred.

I did not bypass the OBC in my setup as I have seen others do.

The pack says it will do 60A continuous and peak at 120A. Wondering if I am trying to pull to many AMPs at full throttle? Will a controller change fix this or possible a BMS configuration change? Any help/suggestions will sure be appreciated!!
Since the BMS is rated at 120A, most likely they have all current, charging or discharging passing thru the BMS. When you exceeded the 120A, the BMS shut you down. If full current from a hopped up golf cart is going to pass thru the BMS, it must be wired thru with at least #4 and be rated 300-400A. This is a much more expensive BMS that way. Check with them via email about options.

That is why the Zeva BMS uses the shunt or hall effect sensor.

I'll bet if you drive like your grandmother is in the seat beside you up to near max speed, it won't trip out. IMHO
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote