View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 06:16 PM   #8
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Default Re: Briggs 18 hp Twin II for G9

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmaster View Post
The Briggs has a 1" shaft, I believe I will need the Comet 780 Clutch. Besides fitting a 1" shaft, is there any proformace different from the Yamaha clutch? I noticed by the picture that the Comet 780 Clutch does not have a pulley for the electric motor. How can I run the electric motor with the 780? I know alot of poeple set it up to idle, but I like the push the padel and go setup. Advise anyone?
There are other clutches that will work for the 1" like the 94C. For lower (less than 4500) RPM's this could be set up to work just fine for less $$. The 780 is a great clutch though. The "7" in your engine model designates an electric start version with an alternator which normally "deletes" the need for the old starter/ generator. Honestly this is what most want in a BB engine. Extend the B/S wiring harness and use the key to start and stop, being careful from now on to know if you are F/N/R. I think you can also wire the micro in the F/N/R to only allow a start in neutral for safety purposes!
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote