View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 06:04 AM   #7
czazzara
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2010 ez-go rxv

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
Here's an even more important reason to have a DC to DC converter......

The RXV is extremely voltage sensetive. If you are running lights from 1 battery only, that battery voltage is going to drop at a much higher rate than the others causing the overall pack voltage to drop rapidly. When the overall pack voltage drops quickly, the controller senses it and engages the motor brake. If it does it at high speed, you just slammed your chest into the steering wheel and sent your passenger into/through the windshield.

If your local dealer is advising you that you don't need the converter, find another dealer to talk to because that is just about the worst advise I have ever heard someone give when dealing with an RXV. I won't even let one leave my shop without one being installed. Period, end of sentence.
This is the way I understand it and I have to echo your disappointment in my dealer for just being interested in getting carts off his lot with whatever solutions he comes up with.

That said and since EZGO'S wants over $300 for their DC to DC converter, is there an aftermarket solution to this, or should I just write the check?

CZ
czazzara is offline   Reply With Quote