View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 11:23 AM   #1
Jayh21012
Not Yet Wild

Default 2002 Electric Club Car DS (36-volt) Solenoid pre-charge resistor overheating

Hello everyone, we use our 36 volt 2002 club car to tow small aircraft around the airfield. One day it stopped moving all together. I have no doubt this is because of how we use it. After rigorous research and troubleshooting I found there was some current draw which drained the batteries down to about 2 volts. I trickle-charged them all back up to about 6.2 volts per battery. I lost the keys so I put in a simple toggle switch. I rewired the entire activation circuit, replaced solenoid, replaced ms on f/r assembly, replaced ms on pedal drive assembly. Tested motor terminals for shorts to ground; good there. I have the cart drive-able now but the precharge resistor across the two large solenoid posts heats up beginning to melt the plastic covering when the pedal is only pressed a bit. So before it fried the resistor I pulled it out, tested it again just to be sure it works. I want to find out why there is current being pulled through it when it should all be going through the solenoid. Any insight is helpful, thanks.
Jayh21012 is offline   Reply With Quote