View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
drew2468
Not Yet Wild

Default 1999 36v Club Car Popping Charger Fuse

i am having a problem, i just got a free 1999 36v club car ds and it had a few problems. the batteries were dead, the cables were all corroded/dry rotted, and the charger had a blown fuse. i took all the batts out and did the epsom salt/distilled water frich and used a 6v charger to charge and then drip charge them fully. i then replaced all the major batt cables and ones that were nasty. i cleaned all the terminals and put it back togather. the cart runs fine for a good while and a good speed but i went to fix the fuse in the charger and installed the fuse, and pluged it into the cart about 30 seconds later the new tri-fuse popped on the top part of the fuse. i didnt know if it was the cart or the charger? when i plug the charger in it will "buzz" and show about 2-3 amps on the meter? i dont know if it is actually charging. i am lost and have looked at the Batt wire diagram and the wires are hooked up right and they are pos-neg the whole way. any help would be appreciated. thank you in advance.
drew2468 is offline   Reply With Quote