Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Lifted Golf Carts (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2010 EZGO TXT Skid Plates (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=98025)

bigbig 08-22-2014 03:59 PM

2010 EZGO TXT Skid Plates

I have a Beast48 hunting buggy, which is on a 2010 EZGO TXT frame. I've searched everywhere for an undercarriage skid plate that will protect the linkage tied to the gas and brake peddles. I've even tried to find Bad Boy Buggy skid plates online that may fit, but can't even find those. Aside from trying to find a place that can custom make one, any ideas?

Airbagged 08-23-2014 10:05 PM

Re: 2010 EZGO TXT Skid Plates

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbig (Post 1066885)
I have a Beast48 hunting buggy, which is on a 2010 EZGO TXT frame. I've searched everywhere for an undercarriage skid plate that will protect the linkage tied to the gas and brake peddles. I've even tried to find Bad Boy Buggy skid plates online that may fit, but can't even find those. Aside from trying to find a place that can custom make one, any ideas?

I searched for the same thing for hours, only thing I was able to find was a rear skid plate for the factory gas, I think your gonna have to have one custom made because off the shelf I don't think a full skid plate is readily available.

Airbagged 08-23-2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbig (Post 1066885)

I searched for the same thing for hours, only thing I was able to find was a rear skid plate for the factory gas, I think your gonna have to have one custom made because off the shelf I don't think a full skid plate is readily available.

bigbig 08-24-2014 12:39 PM

I agree. Thanks!

wannabass 08-25-2014 01:39 PM

Seems like a segment of the market that is surprisingly lacking. I'm going to fabricate an aluminum plate for my electric drive. It would be very easy to bolt it to the suspension rails but am worried about enough air getting to the motor.
Do you have any pictures of the area you need to install a skid plate? Used to fabricate slum in um plater for my bikes all the time in the old enduro days.

bigbig 08-27-2014 11:18 PM

Definitely, especially since a lot of the carts are used more and more for off-road. I'll have it out this weekend and will try to get pictures of the area I'm thinking needs the skid(s).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk