Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Big Block Talk! (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   94cc want to install b&s 14hp v-twin vangaurd motor (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=97556)

comet8871 08-11-2014 12:10 PM

94cc want to install b&s 14hp v-twin vangaurd motor

im new to the forum an this is my first cart its a 94 cc still has factory motor in it but i have come across a 14hp briggs an see that it can be installed with a little work.what i have found so far is that lvc has a motor mount that will work with out haveing to lift the cart an a bracket that will adapt the factory starter generator.has any one ever used these an is this the best way to install the motor?whats the best clutch to use an should i change out both,this motor does have a tappered shaft.any help would be great because i have no idea but thanks to all of yall i no it can be done.would love to have help from start to finish.hope i have gave enough imfo for help an not confused every one.thanks for any help or guidance.

sho305 08-12-2014 08:35 PM

Re: 94cc want to install b&s 14hp v-twin vangaurd motor

Its up to you, I don't like the 1" belt but it costs more to swap it out to larger one. If you are buying a new clutch you only have to deal with the secondary which can be machined. What taper is the engine, carts tend to be 30mm taper and not the same as a generator engine. An adapter can be made. You can use 1" bore keyed clutch that fits lawn engines or taper clutch, if you keep the generator most taper clutches have the pulley but 1" do not and you have to add a pulley. Find out what charging your engine has if you don't use the generator. Check out the other build threads here in BB, lots of ways to do things and lots of help.

hookm 08-13-2014 05:12 AM

Comet,sorry but there's no clutch adapter for the tapered BS crank,you'll either have to change cranks or get it turned down to 1".The stock CC clutchs don't do well with a V-twin8)hookm

comet8871 08-13-2014 01:44 PM

thanks for the help so far.plans are to upgrade to the larger belt since it will make more power that seems to make the most sense.the motor came off a welder that had only 16h on it an i only paid 150 for it.all i am after is a good dependable cart,it just needs a little more power to get up an down the hills in our neighborhood.what would be the best way to handle the crank?change it out or take to a machine shop an have it shaved?where would the best place be to price the crank shaft an what should i be looking for?

BLACK DEATH 08-13-2014 03:39 PM

Hookm, u said the stock cc clutch doesn't do good with vtwin engines.
Is it because of the torque or power?
What about a 13hp clone engine?

hookm 08-13-2014 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACK DEATH (Post 1063465)
Hookm, u said the stock cc clutch doesn't do good with vtwin engines.
Is it because of the torque or power?
What about a 13hp clone engine?

It's only a 1" belt,after market & other brands use 1 3/16 belts,I tore my CC stock driven up with a clone8)

sho305 08-13-2014 06:56 PM

Hookm loves clones!:mrgreen:

1" CC belt is not very good system.

BLACK DEATH 08-13-2014 07:07 PM

Well darn, that sux

comet8871 08-13-2014 08:05 PM

Re: 94cc want to install b&s 14hp v-twin vangaurd moto

So what is the best clutch to use in you're opinion?

comet8871 08-16-2014 05:06 PM

Where should I look to buy a crank with the right size shaft an what do I need to know.any help would be appreciated.just want to get it right.