Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Resistor Conversion to Solid State Controller (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=69907)

barcloverranch 09-06-2012 08:53 PM

Resistor Conversion to Solid State Controller

3 Attachment(s)
Hello all,

I recently purchased the conversion kit from Scottyb at Carts Unlimited and I have to say I am impressed. I have not quite finished the process yet, I just need to put the throttle extension in but other than that everything works great!

I just wanted to get on here and tip my hat to Scottyb for being so helpful throughout the process, I had a couple user errors but he was very quick to respond to my emails and help me get everything figured out.

Here's a couple before pictures

gornoman 09-06-2012 08:55 PM

Re: Resistor Conversion to Solid State Controller

Another Carts Unlimited success story! Good job, BOTH of you!:thumbup:

barcloverranch 09-06-2012 08:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a couple pics after the old hardware was removed

barcloverranch 09-07-2012 08:05 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are some more pictures after I got the CU components into the cart. There is a lot more room now :lol:

scottyb 09-07-2012 08:19 AM

In your 3rd pic you can see the old burnt up speed wiper button, lol

Nice clean install there, Josh :thumbup:

barcloverranch 09-07-2012 03:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks fellas. Here we have everything after I got it all wired up, and also the digital meter. The way I rigged the meter looked good until I saw this picture, you can tell how talented I am with a jigsaw :mrgreen:

scottyb 09-07-2012 04:20 PM

You should have gotten the XL trim, lol

barcloverranch 09-08-2012 05:08 PM

Yeah it might have turned out prettier :lhmo:

Okay so I just took the cart on her voyage after getting the throttle extension in and the batteries charged up and my goodness this thing is fast! Wow I mean with the old system I had to be careful because it was fast but now... Whoa. This 400 amp controller is definitely an improvement over my old system.

My problem with the resistor system was that it would burn out no matter how much I tried to accelerate slowly, but now I can smoothly take off.

I will admit I wasn't paying much attention when I first backed up and I just pressed down the pedal like I always used to do and I burned my tires for about three feet backing up. Pretty crazy power going on in this thing now.

Thanks Scottyb and everyone at Carts Unlimited! I am a very satisfied customer!

yurtle 09-08-2012 05:18 PM

Thanks for posting the before and after pics. I've heard about folks wanting to do this or doing it, but never saw the finished product. I've never even seen a resister cart in person.

barcloverranch 09-08-2012 05:24 PM

No problem yurtle, that's why I wanted to do it. When researching the conversion I had a hard time finding pictures or info about it. Maybe this will help others in making the decision to convert:thumbup: