Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   problem with short belt (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=34527)

slowgo 06-20-2010 11:42 AM

problem with short belt

I installed a short belt on my 99 TXT and the first thing is it sounds like the motor revs up quicker almost like the belt is slipping. And sometimes when there is a load on it like hill climbing the belt will start squecking. Will the shifting from forward to reverse get better with wear? thanks

sccowboy 06-20-2010 01:58 PM

Re: problem with short belt

Yes driving it will break it in and it will settle out.

sccowboy 06-20-2010 02:03 PM

The higher rpms are normal and as you drive it...it will break in and settle itself out.

ez go go 06-20-2010 02:26 PM

The motor will rev higher b/c you have changed the gear ration within the clutches due to the shorter belt. This is normal and not the belt slipping. A little rockin back n forth while applying pressure to the shifter will help with the shifting prob until the belt gets broke in. That sqealin under load is the carts ability to move the drive clutch with the belt in it's new position. It rides so low in the drive clutch the cart now has enough umph to turn the drive clutch inside the belt. As the belt wears it will get better. Mine did anyway and it performs great...

slowgo 06-20-2010 02:33 PM

Thanks guys ill keep running it then. Would it help or hurt if i did the 28 degree drive clutch also.

divot61 06-20-2010 03:07 PM

ive never had any problems with the stock belts, sounds like to many cons on the shorter belt, "let it wear in, it will work itself out" , i got 23mph with just bigger tires and it climbs walls if you let it :thumbup:

scottyb 06-20-2010 05:32 PM

You can not use the shorter belt and the 28 degree clutch ramps. It is just too much, better off with one or the other...

slowgo 06-20-2010 06:13 PM

Ok thanks I think ill just keep the belt and see what happens. Unless someone has tried both and one is better then the other.

scottyb 06-20-2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowgo (Post 419523)
Ok thanks I think ill just keep the belt and see what happens. Unless someone has tried both and one is better then the other.

Yes I have tried one, then the other, then both
:mrgreen:
The 28 degree clutch is by far the best if you send it to TOM a CPP to be machined for the lowest gear possible :thumbup:
But that costs alot more than a $20 short belt..... so the belt is the best improvement for $20 and the machined 28 degree clutch is the best improvement without going to a bigger motor ....... hope this helps

slowgo 06-20-2010 06:46 PM

Yes thanks