Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Lifted Golf Carts (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   SKL Mechanics first cart build, thank you BGW (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=109941)

357Club 08-25-2015 04:09 PM

SKL Mechanics first cart build, thank you BGW

2 Attachment(s)
So I run a small shop, work mostly on classic cars, trucks, race vehicles, and basically fun stuff. A customer came to me and wanted to do something different with his cart. It was already lifted, big tires, some accessories, a stereo, and custom paint. I had never done anything with a cart and knew nothing about them, actually only even rode on this one a couple times. This is what we built. Club Car chassis, Bronco body, Jakes LT front suspension, custom built radius arm / air bag rear suspension. BFG All Terrains on 14" wheels. On board air, LED lights, 2000w amp, huge base speaker that looks like a nitrous tank, fuel cell with AN fittings and a 24hp Honda. Lots of one off custom fabrication on this one. I'd like to thank BGW and you members on here for sharing so much information. I may not have been very active on here, I use the search function a lot so you helped and didn't even know it!

Streetbu 08-25-2015 07:22 PM

Re: SKL Mechanics first cart build, thank you BGW

Wow, great job!

smokindawg 08-25-2015 08:37 PM

Now that is one cool body......... I would like to have something like that for a trail cart. Have people wondering WTF when you pass them on the trail in a miniature Bronco. Not sure how tough it is or how it would hold up in the woods though.

You did a good job on it. Bet the owner is tickled with his new Mini!

jeff70 08-25-2015 09:09 PM

Very nice, I had the same thing in mind for my G2, until I realized the price of those bodies. :shock:

slonomo 08-25-2015 11:00 PM

Very cool! More pics of the build please!!! :thumbup:

smokindawg 08-26-2015 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff70 (Post 1192558)
Very nice, I had the same thing in mind for my G2, until I realized the price of those bodies. :shock:

That's why I'm thinking I'll build a body following the measurements Newguy posted when he was building Geep.

I just like the way these things copy a real vehicle. Get's people taking a double take I'm sure.

357Club 08-26-2015 06:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Front end, custom bumper, lights, headlight decals. You guys know about the Jakes LT, this rides nice.

357Club 08-26-2015 06:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The rear suspension is where a lot of time was spent. Radius arms, track bar, limiting straps, all brackets and mounts built and I used rod ends for everything. Axle/ engine assembly was moved back 1". I built it to be serviceable too, the clutches can come off as well as the rear axle tubes could be removed separately. I re used stock shocks, as the rear isn't long travel.

357Club 08-26-2015 07:02 AM

I'll post some pictures of the interior when it comes back to be finished. The owner took it to go to a sand drag race in Ohio, he uses it to tow his 1200 hp altered drag car around the pit area. So if you're near Cleves Ohio, go to Gravelrama to check it out! It will be back next week, if he doesn't sell it.