Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Members Rides (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   My new hot rod . . . golf cart (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=158651)

jeffg1010 11-05-2019 08:42 AM

My new hot rod . . . golf cart

3 Attachment(s)
I bought this old 2004 California Roadster. My plan is to try to make it look more like a 32 Ford. We'll see how it goes.

First step is to rip it apart and get the salt damaged chrome off to get replated. It needs a few fiberglass repairs and I will be filling a couple of the holes in the body. I ordered a new windshield yesterday.

jeffg1010 11-05-2019 08:43 AM

Re: My new hot rod . . . golf cart

2 Attachment(s)
I plan on ditching the roof and the newer style rims. I'll have to convert the 4x100 lug pattern to 4x125 using rim adapters.

My current plan is to swap to a 15" US Wheels Series 51 smoothie with Coker wide whitewalls.

I am also relocating the headlights. They will definitely be moved down. But space is an issue. I cannot move then below the fender line due to turning radius issues. Right now, I am thinking I will move them forward 3" and down 3" to where they sit in tight between the fenders and the radiator.

The red '32 is my inspiration for now...

NCPW 11-05-2019 08:54 AM

Looks sharp and from the pictures you have a great platform to start with. Body looks pretty decent from a distance. Keep posting your progress! :thumbup:

LukeL 11-05-2019 08:54 AM

My new hot rod . . . golf cart

That is sweet! Can’t wait to see what you do with it. The pedal setup makes me think it’s probably built on a Club Car DS frame.

TheNewGuy 11-05-2019 09:49 AM

Nice! I'll be watching! :thumbup::thumbup:

smallblock450sl 11-05-2019 10:04 AM

Cool. Gas or electric?

jeffg1010 11-05-2019 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeL (Post 1667199)
That is sweet! Can’t wait to see what you do with it. The pedal setup makes me think it’s probably built on a Club Car DS frame.

It appears to be a DS chassis that has had the front end stretched. We'll see once I dig into it

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCPW (Post 1667198)
Looks sharp and from the pictures you have a great platform to start with. Body looks pretty decent from a distance. Keep posting your progress! :thumbup:

It has a busted section on the fender. I'll soon be able to add fiberglass repair to my resume. :thumbup:

jeffg1010 11-05-2019 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNewGuy (Post 1667211)
Nice! I'll be watching! :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks for tuning in!

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallblock450sl (Post 1667214)
Cool. Gas or electric?

48v electric.

jneubig 11-05-2019 01:53 PM

I had one of those a while back I picked up in Texas. Great cart and built on the Club Car chassis. One thing to look for I found were the welds where the front frame was stretched. Mine were very poorly done at the factory. I had one of our body shop techs reinforce and weld them as they should have been. Not saying they are all like that, but something you will want to check. Other than that, when I finished it was a real head turner at campgrounds. Too much in fact. We were in Destin and drove it to the beach. When we returned, had three quite attractive ladies in bikinis sitting on it taking selfies. My wife was not too impressed and decided it had to go. Lol

jneubig 11-05-2019 01:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This was mine