Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Icon (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Creaking around 23MPH mark? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=181059)

6seaterdonk 11-30-2021 01:12 AM

Creaking around 23MPH mark?

Hey guys,

I just bought my icon 2021 i60L with 120 miles on it. When i looked at it, the golfcart was in great condition, under body was great, not a scratch and was gently used.

I noticed that when I hit the 23MPH mark that it has a slight creaking almost like a squeaking spring, but it isn't consistent, just happens for about 1 or 2 seconds and then goes away.

I did some looking around and haven't found this to be common but I figured I ask.

fsu1tm 11-30-2021 08:20 AM

Re: Creaking around 23MPH mark?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6seaterdonk (Post 1864526)
Hey guys,

I just bought my icon 2021 i60L with 120 miles on it. When i looked at it, the golfcart was in great condition, under body was great, not a scratch and was gently used.

I noticed that when I hit the 23MPH mark that it has a slight creaking almost like a squeaking spring, but it isn't consistent, just happens for about 1 or 2 seconds and then goes away.

I did some looking around and haven't found this to be common but I figured I ask.

Could it be your windshield? Mine creaks a lot.

Scott quail 11-30-2021 08:31 AM

Where is the noise coming from? Does it sound like its coming from high or low? Try to drive really slowly and listen to the rear tire area. Ive seen this issue with alot of icons and its usually the axle bearing. If it sounds like its coming from the rear tire area, then its likely the bearing of the backing plate on the rotor. Sometimes they are touching the rotor and causes a squeaking sound. If its a bearing it will be more of a creaking sound at low speeds and high speeds or under load.

6seaterdonk 11-30-2021 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fsu1tm (Post 1864557)
Could it be your windshield? Mine creaks a lot.

I do not have a windshield, I have ordered one.

cajunman 1 11-30-2021 02:05 PM

I read someplace of kinda the same hard to pinpoint sound. They ended up being the bolts at the top and seat of the rear struts. Had issues getting them to tightin up and ended up breaking them off and replacing with stainless ! no issues since.

sswcmw 11-30-2021 09:54 PM

I had a squeak coming from the rear. It ended up being the bolts on the vertical support going up to the roof. Try tightening the ones around the rear seat backs. You may need to kneel down to see them, they are sort of hidden. I can take pictures if needed of the location.

6seaterdonk 12-01-2021 09:07 PM

Thanks for the feedback, it odd as it only happens when I cross 23 mph mark, accelerated or decelerating. It sounds like it's coming from underneath the cart. Ill look at the recommendations you all have provided.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk