Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   MCI block Pre MCI head (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=156762)

Superx2 09-01-2019 01:49 PM

MCI block Pre MCI head

Going through ordering parts to put my motor back together and realized I have a pre MCI head and a MCI block. Will this cause a problem? Thanks

Superx2 09-02-2019 08:27 PM

Re: MCI block Pre MCI head

Surely someone knows the answer to this lol

big mule 09-02-2019 08:32 PM

I'm pretty sure they are not compatible.

Superx2 09-02-2019 09:10 PM

This engine has me so confused.it is in a 2004 txt. It has a cast iron exhaust manifold which from research makes it a pre mci head. I also seen someone say that pre mci blocks have eh29c wich mine has and the mci block has eh292c. When I look at the crankcase cover gaskets I see there are two different ones. Mci and pre mci and mine looks to take the mci gasket. (Has an extra bolt on left side if your looking at cover).

trig123 09-02-2019 09:58 PM

Upload a picture of it. We can look at it and tell. Is the exhaust manifold made to the head ? or does it bolt on ?
The MCI engines and Pre MCI are different and the cylinder heads will not interchange . MCI engines should have a EH 352C or EH 292C on them. Pre- MCI blocks will have EH 35C or EH 29C on them. The flywheel on the MCI don't have a key for it, which actually makes it more easy to remove.

Superx2 09-03-2019 05:20 AM

I have it all apart and have pics but can’t upload pics until I’m a member for 7 days. Exhaust manifold does bolt on and flywheel does have a key.

StoveBolt 09-03-2019 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superx2 (Post 1649782)
I have it all apart and have pics but can’t upload pics until I’m a member for 7 days. Exhaust manifold does bolt on and flywheel does have a key.

Think you can... In the reply box click on the paper clip in the tool bar and upload from your PC.

Superx2 09-03-2019 08:57 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I have pics of everything if there is something specific I need. Not sure why pics are all sideways

CP241 09-03-2019 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superx2 (Post 1649840)
I have pics of everything if there is something specific I need. Not sure why pics are all sideways

That's a pre-MCI. The heads on the pre-MCI motors have an exhaust manifold that bolts to the head, and then the exhaust pipe itself going to the muffler bolts to the manifold.

On the MCI motors, there is no manifold. The exhaust pipe bolts directly to the head.

Superx2 09-03-2019 10:35 AM

I new the head was pre mci. But what about the block. The crank cover looks like the mci gasket I was looking at.