Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Brake lights stuck on...... (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=41846)

Mr.ken 12-07-2010 07:23 AM

Brake lights stuck on......

I just loaded up a borrowed 05 pds to go to Disney. After I put it on the trailer the brake lights are stuck on. I tried turning it on and off again. It is 33 degrees in Florida so I'm thinking maybe the brake light switch is stuck from the cold. Is that something that can happen?? I pulled a wire so it wouldn't kill the batteries. Any thoughts????? Thanks

gornoman 12-07-2010 07:45 AM

Re: Brake lights stuck on......

You would need to ask the owner how it's set up. It might have a timer/relay that cuts the juice after 30 seconds or so, OR, it might have a switch somewhere to kill the brake lights when it's going to sit for a spell, OR, it might have nothing to accommodate this issue at all.

Kidder 12-07-2010 09:30 PM

I have messed with a few ezgo brake light kits and one of them had the micro switch below a floating pedal. The pedal would hang up every now and again leaving the micro engaged.

mikesmotortoys 12-07-2010 11:30 PM

If it has a factory brake light system, the brake pedal micro is probably stuck or broken. Sometimes they just need an adjustment. There are two small phillips head screws below the pedal pad - loosen then slightly and slide the switch toward the floorboard. That should relieve the switch if it's too tight...

Mr.ken 12-08-2010 07:22 AM

Thanks very much. I will check the switch

rabbitreborn 12-08-2010 09:31 PM

Mike, don't you just love those rubber "nuts" they use that deteriate over time?

My bet is on the cart needing the brake pedal rebuilt.

mikesmotortoys 12-08-2010 09:45 PM

I've seen very little problem there. Usually a micro switch or one of the pedal pivot springs. A simple micro on the pedal arm would have been a better design though:thumbup:

rabbitreborn 12-08-2010 09:59 PM

wow, it seemed like I was changing out those "nuts" every other day for awhile there... Ar you refering to the "conical" springs? If so, I will agree that it is a bad design and a simple micro would have been far better.

Kidder 12-09-2010 11:43 AM

The one i messed with the rubber nuts were shot causing the pedal to bind, the micro was also out of adjustment.

Mr.ken 12-13-2010 10:57 PM

Thanks for the replies. The owner decided to have a dealer fix it since it goin in for batteries and a new top