Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ezgo RXV volt meter (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=160776)

The Cart Doctor 02-09-2020 10:14 PM

Ezgo RXV volt meter

Hi guys,
I have a cart that the volt meter is always 100% full.
It doesn't ever go down when using the cart.

Changed it out with a 2nd gauge genuine Ezgo and same thing??

Any suggestions or would any body have a RXV electric schematic available pls?

The Cart Doct down under.

badandyturbo 02-10-2020 02:23 PM

Re: Ezgo RXV volt meter

Is the gauge digital or analog?

The Cart Doctor 02-10-2020 07:40 PM

analog

jkenprice1 02-10-2020 10:45 PM

I have a digital meter I'm planning on connecting directly to the batteries, as so as I get around to it.

BobBoyce 02-11-2020 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cart Doctor (Post 1689356)
analog

Actually, the SOC "meters" are 5V digital, and the reading to display is sent to the simulated analog display by the controller. The controller tracks watt/hours in from the charger and regen, and that consumed by the motor, in order to try to keep up with battery pack SOC. As pack condition changes over time, the SOC calculations can get skewed from actual pack SOC. 50% SOC is considered to be ~80 Amp/Hours, which is the default setting from the factory. Another thing, Curtis controllers will set the BDI (Battery Discharge Indicator) to reset to 100% when the calculated SOC exceeds 75%. I always change that setting to 95%, to give a more true indication of 100% SOC for charges. A simulated 100% SOC when the pack is onlly at 76% or so consistently will cause sulphation to build up in the batteries, causing premature failure. Lead/acid packs need to be maintained at 80% SOC or higher to prevent lead sulphates from forming on the battery plates. That shortens battery life...

Keep your carts chargers plugged into the wall and the cart when the cart is not in use, ALWAYS! Your batteries will last longer.

LabRat 02-11-2020 09:22 AM

Thank You Bob for the info!

The Cart Doctor 02-13-2020 03:59 AM

wow Bob awesome.
many thanks, so the gauge might be OK?
It might be batteries telling us this?

Jaybird18 02-14-2020 09:43 AM

Is the analog SOC meter the best option?or can a digital one work and be accurate

usgicollector 02-14-2020 09:54 AM

Digital SOC meter directly to the battery pack will be more accurate.