Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Club Car 2010 Precedent. Brake Light Switch Install (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=115122)

flafishergal 02-20-2016 01:52 PM

Club Car 2010 Precedent. Brake Light Switch Install

1 Attachment(s)
We got this kit from our local golf parts shop but I can't find anything on the internet that shows us how to install it. I've seen similar kits but they don't have the rounded part of the kit I have.

Please help. Thanks.

jjance 02-20-2016 05:41 PM

Re: Club Car 2010 Precedent. Brake Light Switch Install

You should be able to put the new one in just like the old one came out. Maybe you got the wrong part. A 2010 should have a Group 2 Pedal. It has a pressure switch under the rubber brake peddle.

flafishergal 02-20-2016 06:12 PM

Would the cart already have come with one and maybe it's not hooked up or not hooked up properly? Where exactly would I look for the part you're describing should I indeed already have one? I just got the cart so I don't know too much about it. It already has turn signals and a horn but the seller said it didn't have brake lights. BTW the horn doesn't seem to work very well either-- the seller said it works, but only sometimes.

jjance 02-20-2016 07:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If your pedal assy looks like the one in this picture it's a generation 2 pedal. The pressure switch is behind the big piece of rubber with the word stop on it. To verify it is behind there you can remove the beauty cover that I circled in yellow, it just snaps off . Once off you should see two wires. If they are there take the floor mat out and verify that there wires to hook them to. Post pictures if you can.

flafishergal 02-20-2016 08:49 PM

Okay, this is what I've got so far...

1 Attachment(s)
There is a thin ribbon leading to read wiring that goes under the floorboard. I'm going to pull up the mat and get underneath in the morning. What should I be looking for? I don't know if there is indeed no brake lights at all or if there is some kind of problem with what's already there.

Thanks so much... I'm anxious to get riding again and I really appreciate the help.

jjance 02-20-2016 09:24 PM

That's the wires coming from the pressure switch. So first you can return the other switch. Once you get the mat out you will see a triangular cover about 10 inches per side. It has a hole in the middle to be able to lift it. Once the cover is off you will see the wires going to the MCOR and the brake wires. Those two wires from the brake switch should connect to two others going to the brake lights. Let me know what you see when you get in there and I'll let you know what I think. Pictures are preferred.

LJ12530 02-21-2016 10:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure if this is considered stealing a thread, if so I apologize in advance.
I've attached a pic of the switch in question. I know that type of switch had problems and since has been replaced by a different type of switch.

I couple of years ago I was able to find a replacement. Now I can't find one. I have checked all the sponsors and can't find the part.

Can anyone tell me where to buy one? The part number was posted on this site a couple of years ago, but a search for that part number does not yield any results.

TahoeDawgZ71 02-21-2016 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJ12530 (Post 1244715)
Not sure if this is considered stealing a thread, if so I apologize in advance.
I've attached a pic of the switch in question. I know that type of switch had problems and since has been replaced by a different type of switch.

I couple of years ago I was able to find a replacement. Now I can't find one. I have checked all the sponsors and can't find the part.

Can anyone tell me where to buy one? The part number was posted on this site a couple of years ago, but a search for that part number does not yield any results.

This pressure switch is what you can't find? Call me tomorrow.

flafishergal 02-21-2016 11:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We took off the mat and cover and saw that the two wires (black and red) connect underneath and I'm assuming go to either the lights or battery. There is another black connector that has nothing attached to it.

So, where should we go from here?

TahoeDawgZ71 02-21-2016 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flafishergal (Post 1244755)
We took off the mat and cover and saw that the two wires (black and red) connect underneath and I'm assuming go to either the lights or battery. There is another black connector that has nothing attached to it.

So, where should we go from here?

Those are the wires from the pressure switch under the pedal. When a pressure switch is used, the 3rd wire does not get connected to anything.