Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Trailer Hitch Question (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=3198)

jrboatin 01-17-2008 10:23 PM

Trailer Hitch Question

I have a 07 CC PR and would like to get a hitch but what can this thing realy tow? I know it can't tow a boat but any ideas?

Riorat 01-17-2008 11:05 PM

Re: Trailer Hitch Question

I would be lost with out my hitch, I've used mine for towing a lot.
Can move my boat from point A to B. Taking it out out of the water on an incline would be a different story. If your trying to decide whether our not a hitch will come in handy, Yes it will

lockman1 01-17-2008 11:13 PM

The 07 Precedent has a FE350
It's a pretty strong engine (I have one in my DS)
With the proper adjustments it could tow a 21' boat, no problem...
(in, and out of the water might be a different story!)

but, from what I've been reading lately,
the aftermarket items for the Precedents are few, and far between right now...
so it might be an idea for you to fabricate a hitch, or find someone to fabricate it for you!

Best of luck! :thumbup:

scottyb 01-18-2008 08:33 AM

There was a post on here awhile back. The guy said they used an electric cart to push disabled vehicle around their shop area, even said thay pushed a loaded dump truck!
You might be suprised what you can tow.

Rambling Wreck 01-18-2008 09:25 AM

Amazing what they will do on level ground. I pull a loaded utility trailer around the yard and have pulled a trailer with 2 Seadoos on it. However, it wouldn't handle much of an incline with them behind it. I would also worry about braking with much of a load going downhill. I almost learned a hard lesson a long time ago pulling a traler heavier than the vehicle!

shawn.m 01-18-2008 10:52 AM

I have had me on the cart loaded rear carrier with 200lbs of all my tools, chain saws and towing my log splitter pulling a wheelie!
stopping is the issue for me also

scottyb 01-18-2008 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambling Wreck (Post 48386)
Amazing what they will do on level ground. I pull a loaded utility trailer around the yard and have pulled a trailer with 2 Seadoos on it. However, it wouldn't handle much of an incline with them behind it. I would also worry about braking with much of a load going downhill. I almost learned a hard lesson a long time ago pulling a traler heavier than the vehicle!

Is that the story that goes with your handle? :-P
I did it once - had a trailer push me down a mountain - brakes too hot to work -LAM :shock:

4x4 CC 01-18-2008 03:05 PM

I pulled a 2002 Suburban with mine... But i do have 21 hp... :lol::thumbup:

Rambling Wreck 01-18-2008 06:32 PM

Nah, the handle harkens back to my alma mater.

I was towing a tractor with a box scraper on a tandem axle trailer with a Jeep Scrambler. I was just cruising down the road with the radio blaring and without a care in the world. I went to put on brakes before a MAJOR intersection and felt like I was sliding on ice. I ended up going THRU the intersection before getting it stopped. I was just incredibly lucky not to hurt myself or someone else!

scottyb 01-18-2008 07:41 PM

That is not a good feelin"......lucky no one got hurt.