Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   1994 - Resistor to Solid State Conversion. Need help with Throttle Linkage! (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=89520)

shaferz 01-14-2014 07:10 PM

1994 - Resistor to Solid State Conversion. Need help with Throttle Linkage!

Alright - so here are the specs -

1994 Club Car.
Ripped all v-glide and resistor setup out.

Installing a new FSIP Drive, motor, solenoid. F/R switch, etc etc.

We have a PB6 style pot box. The pot box needs around 2 inches of pedal travel (from microswitch operation to the full 5k sweep), but the stock accelerator rod only puts out about an inch and a half of throw. Had we known about Scotty's kits - I would have suggested the cart owner go with Scottys kit. But we already have most all of the items needed for the conversion here. The only 'missing piece' is some sort of throttle linkage setup. I emailed Scotty and found out that he does not sell partial kits any longer - so I am in the unfortunate position of having to fab something up on my own.

Anybody have any pictures of their home-made setups with bellcranks or other mods to get this to work? Have searched multiple times and always return results that reference Scottys kit - but alas - he no longer sells partial kits. Looks like I'm on my own.

HALP. :help: :mrgreen:

joesam 01-15-2014 11:13 AM

Re: 1994 - Resistor to Solid State Conversion. Need help with Throttle Linkage!

2 Attachment(s)
One thing to try is your largest local hobby shop. As R/C aircraft/cars have become larger, there are numerous components sold by them (bellcranks, ball & socket linkages, threaded rod etc.) which are larger & more rugged than they used to be. I've attached a couple pictures - but a visit to the hobby shop to dig thru their biggest control linkage stuff may help minimize your fabrication challenge.

shaferz 01-15-2014 08:01 PM

Thanks. Ended up going to a few different hardware stores, then went to an industrial supply place and found some really nice 'ball joint' units to get my throttle linkage fabbed up. Actually turned out pretty slick. Similar to the scottyB kits I found through pictures - but more adjustable - and more homemade. :)

Its amazing what you can do with some brackets, drill, drill bits, and an angle grinder. :)

smokey tennis shoe 01-16-2014 09:32 PM

Can you post a picture of it, or pm me a picture? I would love to see what you came up with.:thumbup:

shaferz 01-17-2014 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokey tennis shoe (Post 976218)
Can you post a picture of it, or pm me a picture? I would love to see what you came up with. :thumbup:

Will send you PM this weekend with pics. :)

smokey tennis shoe 01-17-2014 07:03 PM

That would be awesome !

thanks a lot.