Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   2g Cables For Alltrax XTC (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=157300)

i.weber 09-19-2019 02:14 PM

2g Cables For Alltrax XTC

Can someone give this newbie a rundown on exactly what wires should be replaced when doing a controller upgrade? I purchased a 2g cable pack from Scotty and it came with more cables than I anticipated. Do I need to swap any of the cables running from the controller to the motor? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

NCPW 09-19-2019 03:02 PM

Re: 2g Cables For Alltrax XTC

All cables except your field wires (F1 and F2) need to be replaced with the 2 gauge kit from Scotty. The field wires don't pass much current, so the bigger cables aren't needed; 10 gauge should suffice for those. :thumbup:

i.weber 09-19-2019 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCPW (Post 1654357)
All cables except your field wires (F1 and F2) need to be replaced with the 2 gauge kit from Scotty. The field wires don't pass much current, so the bigger cables aren't needed; 10 gauge should suffice for those. [emoji106]

Which ones are the field wires? Again noob here...

LabRat 09-19-2019 03:05 PM

yes, Follow ScottyB advice, He is like the monk on the mountain. Well worth the time to listen

i.weber 09-19-2019 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCPW (Post 1654357)
All cables except your field wires (F1 and F2) need to be replaced with the 2 gauge kit from Scotty. The field wires don't pass much current, so the bigger cables aren't needed; 10 gauge should suffice for those. [emoji106]

Do the A1 and 2 cables need replacing?

Out2Sea 09-19-2019 07:19 PM

Easiest way is to google your cart for a schematic and replace all the 6 gauge wires with 2guage. Those are your high load ones.

For my cart it was about $70 for a custom & standard battery set from a major wire supplier. Never seen anything on replacing the other wires getting a person anything more in performance or safety.

Sergio 09-19-2019 08:13 PM

You should upgrade all cables, specially the Motor A1 and A2 cables as they carry more current than the battery cables.

The F1 and F2 cables which are the thinner 10ga cables do not need to be upgraded as they carry less current.

If Your cart uses the OBC to control charging than you need to install a stud in the OBC and use a cable for each side. Do not drill or force the cable through the OBC or run two negative cables, one through and one around.

TahoeDawgZ71 09-20-2019 05:29 PM

-All battery jumper wires
-Yellow wire from solenoid to controller
-Red wire from battery positive to solenoid
-Black wire from battery negative to controller
-Green wire from controller to motor
-White wire from controller to motor

WalterM6 09-20-2019 06:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The 10 gauge wires may be ok for a stock controller with a field current of 30A. With a Alltrax controller with a field current of 50A you should use a #6 gauge wire wire. See attached chart.

scottyb 09-20-2019 07:08 PM

I looked at a lot of monitor files. Never seen 50 amps field current