Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Looking to convert gas to electric - wanna swap? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=155274)

mfinnern 07-19-2019 05:13 PM

Looking to convert gas to electric - wanna swap?

Hi Folks,

I've got a 2011 Club Car Turf 2 gas that I would like to convert to electric.
I see posts about people going the other way and I thought perhaps I could link up with somebody moving to gas. You can have the gas powertrain from my cart and I'll take your electric. Otherwise I'd welcome thoughts on how to get used electric conversion parts. Hoping to avoid buying a full donor cart.
Thanks

Mooncarter 07-19-2019 05:41 PM

Re: Looking to convert gas to electric - wanna swap?

I don't have an electric Carryall, but I think the frames are different.

LukeL 07-20-2019 06:20 AM

That might end up being kind of a pain. I have owned both, although my current one is gas. The frames are quite different. You might be best swapping carts and keeping your upgrades.

BBBHC 07-20-2019 06:47 AM

I converted my cart from gas to electric, only because I got the cart for free and was going to be replacing any electrical parts with heavier duty aftermarket anyway. You can see in my sig what I have done.

I can't speak to the carryalls for sure. However, from what I have seen on this forum, the carryalls are basically the same as the DSs. I can tell you the frames on DSs are different. The frame rails are a little further apart on the gas, as compared to the electric frame. Other than that, they are basically the same, minus the swing arm and battery trays obviously. The rear axle has different gear ratios between the two as well. There are some other minor things I can't remember right now, but if your interested I can look back through my documentation and let you know what else I found.

Bobthefish19 07-20-2019 07:42 AM

I have a precedent and a ds if you would be interested in a straight up trade for either one. PM me

CP241 07-20-2019 09:02 AM

I've had a gas carryall for quite some time. I had an electric one, same year I bought from an auction as a project. The frames are very different between the two. Everything from the seat forward should be the same, but from the seat back are totally different.

Not to say you "can't" make it work. With enough persistence anything can be done. But you'll need to be good at welding aluminum.

I'd sell it or trade it for an electric cart if that's what you want. Too much work involved for not much reward.