Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Lifted Golf Carts (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Axle lift vs. Spindle lift- Pros and Cons (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=10102)

injunear 11-11-2008 11:57 AM

Axle lift vs. Spindle lift- Pros and Cons

I'm a bit confused..:? What's the difference between the two types of lifts, Axle and Spindle?

Cart's a ez-go 2002......

I know that the Spindle Lift is probably easier to install but what are the Pros and Cons other than that?

Aesthetics, functionality, interference with certain wheels, steering, etc?......

I noticed the caveat in one of the ads for the 6" spindle lift that says that you "must use 10 or 12 inch wheels" but it doesn't say why.
Interference with 8"?

Thanks

injunear 11-13-2008 01:37 PM

Re: Axle lift vs. Spindle lift- Pros and Cons

Quote:

Originally Posted by injunear (Post 109955)
I'm a bit confused..:? What's the difference between the two types of lifts, Axle and Spindle?

Cart's a ez-go 2002......

I know that the Spindle Lift is probably easier to install but what are the Pros and Cons other than that?

Aesthetics, functionality, interference with certain wheels, steering, etc?......

I noticed the caveat in one of the ads for the 6" spindle lift that says that you "must use 10 or 12 inch wheels" but it doesn't say why.
Interference with 8"?

Thanks

Um, I mean "A-Lift"....What no opinions? There must be a difference else you'd only see spindle lifts out there......

TheNewGuy 11-13-2008 03:40 PM

I'm not an ez go guy but I would say the drop axle lift is stronger than a spindle lift. As far as rims, yes some lifts will have interference issues with the 8" rims.

injunear 11-15-2008 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNewGuy (Post 110969)
I'm not an ez go guy but I would say the drop axle lift is stronger than a spindle lift. As far as rims, yes some lifts will have interference issues with the 8" rims.

Thanks...I thought that this subject would draw lot's of responses. I guess these guys in this forum aren't as smart as I thought....

cuzky 11-15-2008 08:46 PM

The larger diameter rim will give the room needed for the tie rod ends. 8)

scottyb 11-15-2008 09:35 PM

[QUOTE=injunear;111602]Thanks...I thought that this subject would draw lot's of responses. I guess these guys in this forum aren't as smart as I thought....[/QUOTE]

Well, Dick, I for one, just found this thread. Sorry I wasn't sitting here waiting for your Q this AM....... and I was about to give you all I have learned from doing both of the types of lifts you were asking about when I came across this crap posting calling all of us stupid. :|
So now I'm not telling you anything :lol: You can just go buy 3 of each and learn for yourself :| As far as I am concerned no one should answer your question after that insult who is the dumbass now? :roll:
P.S. Only a funking engineer would say that :thumbup:.... we had one other on here we had to run him off for a bad attitude also....

Genuis 11-16-2008 06:48 AM

Well, Dick, I for one, just found this thread. Sorry I wasn't sitting here waiting for your Q this AM....

Hey How'd ya know his name was Dick?

ruredy 11-16-2008 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by injunear (Post 111602)
Thanks...I thought that this subject would draw lot's of responses. I guess these guys in this forum aren't as smart as I thought....

Well if you were smart enough to run a search on the subject you would have found that this is not the first time someone has asked this. Noobs ask about this all the time, I for one don't feel like repeating myself over and over because someones to lazy to use the search feature on the site.

injunear 11-16-2008 08:56 AM

[QUOTE=scottyb;111648]
Quote:

Originally Posted by injunear (Post 111602)
Thanks...I thought that this subject would draw lot's of responses. I guess these guys in this forum aren't as smart as I thought....[/QUOTE]

Well, Dick, I for one, just found this thread. Sorry I wasn't sitting here waiting for your Q this AM....... and I was about to give you all I have learned from doing both of the types of lifts you were asking about when I came across this crap posting calling all of us stupid. :|
So now I'm not telling you anything :lol: You can just go buy 3 of each and learn for yourself :| As far as I am concerned no one should answer your question after that insult who is the dumbass now? :roll:
P.S. Only a funking engineer would say that :thumbup:.... we had one other on here we had to run him off for a bad attitude also....

Lol....Finally got some responses........

doolin 11-16-2008 09:12 AM

:tool:What a dumbazz!! That's how I make friends. I just call them stupid.