Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   2007 jerks, but won't move. (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=99785)

james669 10-14-2014 05:34 PM

2007 jerks, but won't move.

When I flip the tow switch to run, the solonoid click for about 5 seconds. I turn on my key and it clicks again. When i press on the go pedel it clicks again, and will stay humming until I let off. If I try to drive it, it will lurch maybe an inch then stop. While it tries to lurch a high pitched whirring kind of noise comes from somewhere in motor compartment. It will do nothing else until you flip to tow and the repeat cycle. Any ideas? I did some searching on here and have become more unsure. Thanks for any input.

kgsc 10-14-2014 07:21 PM

Re: 2007 jerks, but won't move.

Jack up the rear end and put on jack stands if you have them. Try hitting the go pedal again and see if the wheels move. If yes, pull the rear tires, hold the brake down and hit the go pedal again. Look for the castle nut spinning in the hub. If no spinning your issue is in the rear end. If spinning, that hub is bad.

cgtech 10-15-2014 09:38 AM

This aint no ezgo, and that test wont work with a team axle. The brakes are inside the axle. This is a "Drive" correct? Check for "white tag" on passenger side axle tube. "white tag" axles had known problem gear. If this is your problem, a whole axle would be the best fix, because every gear and bearing has been eating metal shavings for a long time.

james669 10-15-2014 05:31 PM

Thanks for the responses. It looks like I have a "white tag". I couldn't get a good look, but I'm pretty sure it's not blue or green. I'm looking to sell it, to pay med bills. I could use some options on how to fix. Again thanks for helping

cgtech 10-15-2014 06:28 PM

Take the rear wheels off, and check the hubs for tightness (the part the wheel bolts to). If that is not the problem, internal axle repairs will be required. You could just replace the worn gear, but, like i said all the gears and bearings have been eating metal shavings for a while, and will have wear also. A complete axle is about $1000 plus labor to install.

kgsc 10-15-2014 06:59 PM

Whoops. My bad..

james669 10-16-2014 01:13 PM

I just checked the tag in the daylight with a mirror. It is Yellow. I am 100% positive it is Yellow. Does this change anything?

cgtech 10-16-2014 03:00 PM

Yes, i have not seen a failed OEM gear in a "yellow tag" axle. I have seen failed "high speed" aftermarket gears. I have seen torn-up input shaft splines. I would check hubs, then pull motor to check input shaft splines.

james669 10-18-2014 09:47 AM

I checked the hubs. They only move about 1/8" Before I pull the motor, is there anything else I could check? I'm going to check some threads about motor pulling. Again thanks for the help. PS could a bad cell in one of the batteries cause this issue?