Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Lithium EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   What Is The Status Of EVBattery Center? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=149338)

Rickochet 01-13-2019 05:15 PM

What Is The Status Of EVBattery Center?

Two years ago I converted my '07 TXT to lithium using a turn key 36V pack from EVBattery Center in Las Vegas. I was very pleased with the unit and it has worked perfectly since I installed it.

A recent visit to their website shows very little in stock. Does anyone have any info on their status?

NCPW 01-13-2019 05:29 PM

Re: What Is The Status Of EVBattery Center?

I'll say what they have in stock vs what is shown on their website is two different things.

Best to contact Neli through email if there's anything in particular you're looking for. When I bought my charger and lithium modules from her last year, the website showed no stock, but Neli actually had over 50 in stock.

Any questions, I'd contact PingEye3 to find out since he had a personal relationship with her and Nick before he passed.

Rickochet 01-13-2019 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCPW (Post 1577004)
I'll say what they have in stock vs what is shown on their website is two different things.

Any questions, I'd contact PingEye3 to find out since he had a personal relationship with her and Nick before he passed.

Oh, I didn't know that Nick had died. I knew he had some health issues at one point. I had some charger questions issues last year and Neli wasn't very helpful, but it could have been bad timing. I don't need anything at the current time but I was just curious about the company. Thank you for the reply.

MCJEFE 01-18-2019 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCPW (Post 1577004)

Best to contact Neli through email if there's anything in particular you're looking for. When I bought my charger and lithium modules from her last year, the website showed no stock, but Neli actually had over 50 in stock.

The don't keep the website updated with inventory. Just call AND email Neli and let her know what you are looking for. I called before Christmas and she said she had a pack that was being shipped in from a 2017. She shipped me my 28 cells on January 2nd. They do not seem to have the complete DIY kits or the end plates in stock and she didn't seem in a hurry in getting more made but she threw in a couple of the OEM end plates...

If you order from her ask for all of the DIY pieces even if they don't have the ends. Also ask for the original BMS tap connectors. Clip off the old wire, a dab of solder to the tap wire, heat shrink and they work much better than ring terminals.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

NCPW 01-18-2019 09:15 AM

When contacting Neli just know what you're wanting and she can let you know if she has it in stock. I think she has a lot to do now that Nick passed and keeping the website up to date is difficult especially knowing she's running the business solo, so don't rely on what the website says. She ships out on Wednesday and Fridays IIRC.

Everything I purchased from her (Leaf modules, tap harness leads for BMS, bus bars, threaded rods and terminal covers) showed "No Stock" when I ordered but she had them to me within a week. :thumbup:

brad2388 01-28-2019 09:07 PM

I just emailed them today and they had no leaf packs in stock. Not sure where to find them now

MyCousinVinnie 01-29-2019 12:15 PM

When I emailed her, she said she would not be selling them again.

Volt_Ampere 01-29-2019 03:52 PM

Bummer! I liked working with them in the past. I guess we will have to find another reliable source of used Leaf batteries. (or start using something else)

MyCousinVinnie 01-30-2019 08:42 PM

Yeah, it's kind of got me stuck. I had planned on using Leaf batteries for my conversion, but can't find any I'd buy. I have seen some on eBay from greentec auto and tech direct, but when I contact them via eBay they have no information about the background of the batteries. new Volt batteries are looking better, but I'd really like to get that extra voltage. I have a 48 v cart.

brad2388 01-30-2019 10:01 PM

Im in the same boat. Ive seen some other bmw batteries and such but unsure of what to use. I too like the leaf to gain a few volts.