Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   bypassing governor (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=16817)

savage_5.9 05-14-2009 09:15 PM

bypassing governor

I have a 2001 yamaha g16 and i bypassed the governer today. but now it will only go wide open, if i try to go at a constant speed or slow it pops and jumps. I connected the two cables and took off the governor arm. :help:any ideas. Another thing is that when i look in the carb the butterfly wing never completely closes it is always half open. is this normal

savage_5.9 05-14-2009 11:32 PM

Re: bypassing governor

To anyone who cares what happened is the carb was stuck. :thumbup: i had the cable too tight the first time and it pulled the wing around. its the first time i have played with it so now i know.

TheNewGuy 05-15-2009 07:04 AM

Glad to hear you found the problem. How do you like the increase in performance?

savage_5.9 05-16-2009 04:38 AM

totally wicked performance that thing screams. I was so stumped i could not figure out what was goin on with it . i just took a guess and pressed really hard on the butterfly wing and pop it let loose and did a 300 degree spin back to where it is supposed to be. the learning process is quite stressfull. so simple yet when you dont know its not. lol.

Flintrock 05-16-2009 06:49 AM

Glad you figured it out. That is the first time I have heard about that problem here!

dock98 05-16-2009 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savage_5.9 (Post 199380)
To anyone who cares what happened is the carb was stuck. :thumbup: i had the cable too tight the first time and it pulled the wing around. its the first time i have played with it so now i know.

:thumbup:we all care what happens.especially when you get advice from some of us.
i did the same with my Yammi governor and it worked perfect also.what kind of oil are you using?
with the more revs,i suggest switching to a synthetic.my .02 cents.

spriddle 05-16-2009 03:26 PM

Glad no one got hurt. I had this happen on my G9 one time. It was a frozen cable. Luckily it broke and the pedal switch killed the engine. It was fun trying to get home. I finally disconnected the throttle cable, ran it up through the gas door area and just pulled it with one hand while keeping the pedal pressed down. Talk about a crazy way to try and drive. :lol:

jeconn 05-18-2009 08:30 PM

Maybe someone can help with mine. I bypassed the governor today by running the throttle cable directly to the carb and it does not seem any faster. The butterfly on the carb is opening all the way. It gets going pretty good and then acts like the governor is still kicking in. I put it on jack stands and revved it up while watching the carb and the butterfly does not close when it acts like the governor is kicking in. Any ideas?

spriddle 05-19-2009 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeconn (Post 201740)
Maybe someone can help with mine. I bypassed the governor today by running the throttle cable directly to the carb and it does not seem any faster. The butterfly on the carb is opening all the way. It gets going pretty good and then acts like the governor is still kicking in. I put it on jack stands and revved it up while watching the carb and the butterfly does not close when it acts like the governor is kicking in. Any ideas?

Welcome to BGW. What model cart do you have? If its a G2/G9 it could possibly either be a throttle cable adjustment, problem with the clutch, worn motor mounts, or the tention cable adjustment (under air box) causing no speed/torque. Also, the G2 has a rev limiter that will kick in at a certain rpm and give the impression the engine is shutting down.

jeconn 05-19-2009 01:27 PM

I have a G2. It does act like it has a rev limiter. Is there a way around this?