Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=15466)

Extractor 04-30-2009 08:01 PM

Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scubabud (Post 190024)

(Extractor, you can always put a small 7/16 plastic plug in your windshield after you get it inspected if you donít like the wiper.)

Scuba- looking good! You're the front runner now! Good idea about the windshield plug. I'm still waiting for my windshield also. Need the wiper like yours (pm sent). I'm almost there too (almost meaning 3-4 weeks).
great pics, always like pics. :thumbup:

scubabud 04-30-2009 08:31 PM

Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Extractor (Post 190319)
Scuba- looking good! You're the front runner now! Good idea about the windshield plug. I'm still waiting for my windshield also. Need the wiper like yours (pm sent). I'm almost there too (almost meaning 3-4 weeks).
great pics, always like pics. :thumbup:

I'm still weeks away as well, between getting the last parts in and installed and the DOT inspection.

Trust me, those pictures don't really show how nice that wiper looks. When I get a chance I'll get the cart outside and take a couple more.

I've also got a couple of custom Chrome plated aluminum brackets from one of my previous Harleys to mount the seat belts to, (front and rear retractors,) once I get them. Hopefully they'll work but if not I'm mount them to the rear seat rail. Hey, we're getting closer! :mrgreen:

rcdd 05-01-2009 01:51 PM

Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?
 
Found this.....

http://www.iihs.org/laws/LowSpeedVehicles.aspx

FRATT70 05-01-2009 10:22 PM

Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?
 
Hey guys, great thread. I was wondering, you guys mentioned several times that they check to make sure that it is an electric cart. Is there a specific reason that they only allow electric? We have been having problems here on the east coast of florida and the cops are saying that we will get a $124 ticket for riding our golf carts and atv's on the dirt roads in our area. I am trying to find info on making my gas workhorse a "farm vehicle" or a LSV. thanks for any info.

scubabud 05-01-2009 10:52 PM

Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FRATT70 (Post 190872)
Hey guys, great thread. I was wondering, you guys mentioned several times that they check to make sure that it is an electric cart. Is there a specific reason that they only allow electric? We have been having problems here on the east coast of florida and the cops are saying that we will get a $124 ticket for riding our golf carts and atv's on the dirt roads in our area. I am trying to find info on making my gas workhorse a "farm vehicle" or a LSV. thanks for any info.

It must be an Electric Golf Cart ONLY. It's in the Florida Statues as such. Sorry :|

"In Florida and other states, there are specific LSV, NEV and golf cart laws and regulations governing the usage and construction of street legal golf carts, or low speed vehicles (LSV). Defined by Florida Statute 320.01(42) as “any four-wheeled electric vehicles whose top speed is greater than 20 miles per hour but not greater than 25 miles per hour,” low speed vehicles include NEV or neighborhood electric vehicles. Golf carts that are not considered LSV's are prohibited from operation on roads with a few exceptions detailed in s. 316.212. As with motor vehicles, low speed vehicles are subject to a license tax, which is the same as that prescribed in Florida Statute s. 320.08- for non-electrically powered vehicles."

FRATT70 05-02-2009 10:53 AM

Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?
 
Thanks scubabud might just have to get the wife an electric. : )

scubabud 05-02-2009 03:32 PM

Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FRATT70 (Post 191026)
Thanks scubabud might just have to get the wife an electric. : )

Great idea... and if she doesn't like it just leave it at my house :mrgreen:

scubabud 05-02-2009 07:04 PM

Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?
 
4 Attachment(s)
Got some better pictures of the side view mirror, side and rear reflectors and also the manual wiper...

watch out Minnie... :mrgreen:

BRS 05-03-2009 11:57 AM

Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scubabud (Post 191131)
Got some better pictures of the side view mirror, side and rear reflectors and also the manual wiper...

watch out Minnie... :mrgreen:

My family can't wait to go back to "The Fort", we are planning a trip in June for the kids B-Days. No place better!:thumbup:

scubabud 05-03-2009 06:19 PM

Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRS (Post 191388)
My family can't wait to go back to "The Fort", we are planning a trip in June for the kids B-Days. No place better!:thumbup:

BRS,

I hear ya! This is our 7th time in 2 years at the Fort and now that they opened up the Premium sites which are deeper and wider, it's alot easier to get in and out. Do you bring both of your carts when you're up here? 8)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. © 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.