Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Design Center (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   lowering an ez go? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=1437)

dre 08-20-2007 10:54 PM

lowering an ez go?

whats an cheap easy way to lowering an 87 ez-go, about 2 in'. i've seen some where if you go 3 you'll scrub.the back looks easyjust remove spings and cut off 1or 2 circles out of the spring. but on the front the shock run threw the spring, and you got streeing crap in the way, any help would be great. pro's and con's? do's and dont's?:thumbup:

Dero 08-21-2007 07:45 AM

Re: lowering an ez go?

I wouldnt cut springs but thats just me. the front should have leafsprings and you just need to relocate the mounts.

NO NO NO E-Z-GO! 08-21-2007 09:26 AM

Could you do something like a reverse lift kit? Basic lift kits for the E-Z-GOs just add a block between the top of the axle and the bottom of the leaf spring. Could you add a 2" block between the bottom of the axle and the top of the leaf spring? It would have the springs down in the "line of fire" to get snagged on everything, but it would lower it. Then again, if you're lowering it, you probably have no intentions of taking it off road. :thumbup:

Dero 08-21-2007 01:56 PM

yes, but just remember on the older ones relocating the spring plates to the bottom will give you some drop without blocks.

Xtreme Cartz 08-21-2007 08:31 PM

Heating the springs up red hot should set it down a couple inches.

TheNewGuy 08-21-2007 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xtreme Cartz (Post 24162)

This will also remove the temper which makes a spring a spring.

caddymankc 08-21-2007 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xtreme Cartz (Post 24162)

thats the ricer way or doing it

Dero 08-21-2007 10:17 PM

Relocate the springs under the axle and see if thats enough.

tungpo1 08-22-2007 04:53 AM

I've heard that if you heat up springs after time it will start dropping losing its spring!!! Well thats what I heard not too sure:thumbup: Might be better to cut them

dre 08-22-2007 07:46 AM

what about spring compsser clamps, that way if i dont like the ride ican go back to normal. not sure where to find them. cant find online. i remeber about 10 years ago when lowering was a fad they sold these clamps in autostore, but cant find now