Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   ezgo intermittent electrical issue (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=62130)

huskersgd 03-31-2012 06:52 PM

ezgo intermittent electrical issue

Hello everyone...read your forums all the time but i need some advice. did a battery swapout on my 04 pds with new trojan 105's and ran fine on initial test but am having problems. sometimes cart works fine, park it and come back and no pedal response and no solenoid click. toggling the ignition key and f/r switch usually will get it running but sometimes at full speed, other times 2mph. sometimes going to reverse and back to forward will trigger top speed, sometimes not. diagnostic code is 2-1 low voltage. cleaned 2 yr old 4 gauge battery cables prior to reinstallation. any advice would be helpful and thanks! huskersgd

scottyb 03-31-2012 07:49 PM

Re: ezgo intermittent electrical issue

How did the cart drive before the new batteries?

huskersgd 03-31-2012 08:16 PM

drove great, never a problem other than replacing the old battery cables with heavier 4-gauge ones. really confusing that it will run fine at times and then act up like that. biggest issue still dead pedal after driving and stopping and having it either dead or running at 2 mph.

JohnnieB 04-01-2012 10:21 AM

What is the battery pack voltage when cart is not running right?

New batteries have been known to fail.:mrgreen:

Hopefully, Run/Tow switch was in Tow when batteries were replaced.

huskersgd 04-01-2012 01:02 PM

don't have that voltage figure...bought a tester this am and some new waterproof heavy duty terminals to replace on wiring to the batteries to be sure they were good. had them all replaced and decided to be sure they were tight and pulled the stud out of one of my brand new batteries:( not sure if that is a fixable or need to replace the battery already.

cart was in tow/maintenance entire time i did battery removal/cleanup/repaint/reinstall. tested after install and all seemed well so i sprayed terminals with protectant when finished to protect them.

Bowslayer 04-01-2012 01:39 PM

If you pulled one of the battery terminals out then you probably found your problem the entire time. That's probably where your intermittent problems were stemming from.

huskersgd 04-01-2012 01:39 PM

did read another post on broken battery stud and found a good solution to fix and salvage battery...

huskersgd 04-01-2012 01:43 PM

wondering that myself bowslayer...thanks for the reply...going to drill and tap out battery tomorrow and install back into cart and see if i still get code or not. it did work when i drove it out of the cart shed today at full speed to the parking lot at the club, then i made it more interesting!

really appreciate everybody's reply's, hopefully i will eventually learn enough to help others when i get the chance. went in and donated some $ to this site, first time i've ever done that online but this site is AWESOME!

huskersgd 04-02-2012 05:08 PM

okay...drilled and tapped battery lug and installed new stud then drove to course and installed all batteries back into cart. 38.8V on full battery pack at the posts fired it up and drove off without a problem. tried to make low voltage code occur by driving/stopping/turning ignition on/off and f/r switch, went into safe 2mph mode again with error code of low voltage. what should i try next? this cart worked fine and i have never had cover off pds controller or throttle controller either. new terminals on wires to + &- posts for everything...any advice?? thanks in advance!