Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Hunting and Fishing (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Bucks in velvet (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=18372)

gstoneberg 06-15-2009 12:19 AM

Bucks in velvet

3 Attachment(s)
I tried hog hunting this weekend. I had hoped to take my lifted melex out to the lease but a bad storm blew up and I left it at home. I didn't see any hogs, but when I got the pictures off the protein feeder's trail cam there were nice pictures of bucks in velvet. Thought you might enjoy them.

George

spriddle 06-15-2009 06:59 AM

Re: Bucks in velvet

Thanks for the pics. :thumbup:

BCW 06-16-2009 02:26 AM

They gonna be some fine bucks come season...

On your feeder, Is it gravity fed ?
Need to make some new ones my self soon.
Its nice anyway..

So are them Bucks
Thanks for the pics , keep em comming

BCW

DEADEYE58 06-16-2009 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gstoneberg (Post 218920)
I tried hog hunting this weekend. I had hoped to take my lifted melex out to the lease but a bad storm blew up and I left it at home. I didn't see any hogs, but when I got the pictures off the protein feeder's trail cam there were nice pictures of bucks in velvet. Thought you might enjoy them.

George

looks like the bucks are eat'n like hogs.:thumbup:

gstoneberg 06-16-2009 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCW (Post 219794)
On your feeder, Is it gravity fed ?
Need to make some new ones my self soon.
Its nice anyway..
BCW

Yes, that feeder is gravity fed. Basically he took a 55gal drum, made a horizontal cut with a sawzall, bent the metal in above the cut and added some flashing above the indentation to keep the rain out. There are 3 cuts around the barrel. I worried that the bucks would catch their antlers on the flashing but so far they aren't.

Yes, they are eating that protein like pigs. If we didn't have that pen there, the hogs would knock the feeder over to get at the protein. We are approaching half a ton through it for this season. It has made a difference in both the antler quality and overall health of the deer. Normally you can see their ribs at this point but not this year. We also have very healthy coons, but their numbers have been mysteriously dwindling :wink:.

George

dock98 06-16-2009 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spriddle (Post 218964)
Thanks for the pics. :thumbup:

:thumbup:ditto.

gstoneberg 07-12-2009 06:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thought you might like an update. Here's the same 3 bucks from the original post so you can see their growth in just 10 days. The camera battery went dead, so we lost the 2 weeks after this picture. Next time out they should be even better. They ate 55 gal (300lbs) of protein feed in 3 weeks.

George

Travis91 07-12-2009 09:36 PM

we want a pic of one of them on the back of the melex

gstoneberg 07-12-2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cart-rrr (Post 238634)
we want a pic of one of them on the back of the melex

Me too!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

First I have to build a box back there to hold him though. :oops:

George

Travis91 07-12-2009 10:36 PM

you can get a nice box for 250 and racks for like 150