Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Batteries issue/ 2006 club car precedent (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=148589)

Dragons70 12-12-2018 06:52 PM

Batteries issue/ 2006 club car precedent

Hello im new to the forum and buggies. i need some help i have a 2006 CC precedent , i check the 4 batteries w/ multimeter there reading 12.6 volts, however i plug the powerdrive charger it goes to 6 amp then down to 4 i checked all the wires and fuses and no problems there any suggestions ? Thanks

Sir Nuke 12-12-2018 08:23 PM

Re: Batteries issue/ 2006 club car precedent

Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives’, husbands, girlfriend’s and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

https://i.postimg.cc/0rg7w8ND/MAGIC-FRIDGE.jpg

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!

NoleFan4Ever 12-12-2018 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragons70 (Post 1567658)
Hello im new to the forum and buggies. i need some help i have a 2006 CC precedent , i check the 4 batteries w/ multimeter there reading 12.6 volts, however i plug the powerdrive charger it goes to 6 amp then down to 4 i checked all the wires and fuses and no problems there any suggestions ? Thanks

You are at 50.4 and 50.9 is fully charged. What is it doing that concerns you? If the OBC is reading the energy units as almost replenished it is not going to max out.

If you want to reset the OBC, just flip your Run/Tow switch to Tow and then remove the main pack Negative cable for ~20 minutes and then reconnect it, flip the switch back to Run and plug the charge receptacle back into the cart.

Dragons70 12-13-2018 09:33 AM

Thank you my concern is shouldn't the charger should read 12 on a fully charged batteries? the charger was doing that before, now winter is here its only reading 6 on charged batteries ?

SCCLT 12-13-2018 10:41 AM

I know this one. Let me, let me answer. Your charger meter is showing the "AMPS" going into your batteries and not volts. When your Batts are low the charger will initially provide high amperage. As the batteries charge, the amperage meter will drop. Fully charged batteries, with little or no use, when plugged in again will quickly show low amperage going from the charger into the batteries and will automatically shut off much sooner than a normal charging session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoleFan4Ever 12-13-2018 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragons70 (Post 1567830)
Thank you my concern is shouldn't the charger should read 12 on a fully charged batteries? the charger was doing that before, now winter is here its only reading 6 on charged batteries ?

Do not be surprised if you see a slower charge in colder weather and you will see a lower self discharge.

Again, resetting the OBC is the best thing to do to give you back the confidence you seek. :thumbup:

Dragons70 12-13-2018 06:04 PM

ok thank you i will reset the obc thanks again

mgray70 12-14-2018 09:46 AM

Sounds like it's performing perfectly to me. Like SCCLT said, they meter is reading "amps" not volts. It's going to slowly drop to 0 and cut off when the batteries are fully charged.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk