Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   New Club Car DS Jeep build (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=129080)

cfuller 04-18-2017 08:22 AM

New Club Car DS Jeep build

5 Attachment(s)
Finally had a chance to start tear down of the cart. Unfortunately new wheels are still back-ordered and Jeep Body is still being made so I figured I would just get a jump on all the other odds and ends. I won’t lift the cart until I get the new wheels in, don’t want to be rolling around on a 6” lift with tiny tires haha
Progress so far, roof ripped off, cleaned up and sprayed in black bed liner, aluminum roof/windscreen support painted black, all bolts sprayed with roll bar black paint to clean them all up. Front seats 80% complete with reupholstered in black and silver “carbon fiber” marine vinyl with red stitching, seat support sprayed in roll bar black to continue clean look. Wood look dash swapped out for carbon look dash, new steering wheel installed, and got started on rear flip up seat. Hope to find a few hours tonight to get the front seat stapled, rear seat finished and throw the roof back on to get it rolling again until the wheels and body show up.

cfuller 04-18-2017 08:31 AM

Re: New Club Car DS Jeep build

5 Attachment(s)
Parts List:
Purchased
6" Lift
14" Madjax Transformers with 22" Timberwolf AT tires
Jeep Body sprayed in gray "Linex"
Black Diamond plate rockers
Carbon look Dash
Carbon marine vinyl
4 Kicker 6.5" marine component set
10" JBL MPS-1000 Loaded marine grade sub
Kicker 400w Marine amp

Still researching
4-1/2" LED headlights
Rear LED tail lights
Front brush gaurd
ATV winch
Speaker Pods
Optima Blue top for audio

golf cart man 04-18-2017 08:28 PM

going to be a cool build. If your custom front clip is anything like mine, be prepared to work. That thing was a real pain to get installed. They told me it was "bolt on" and it was far from that! Took a day+ of cutting and lining up to get it to sit proper. I had to be extra careful because it was delivered painted so I had to cut the body to fit. If possible do the test fit before its all painted. Front is heavy too. Have almost gone through a front set of tires in just over a year and the backs which were installed at same time are almost new.

Good luck though, when you are done you will love it. Nobody else in the area will have a cart as cool as yours I'm sure.

Mooncarter 04-18-2017 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfuller (Post 1374764)
Parts List:
Purchased
6" Lift
14" Madjax Transformers with 22" Timberwolf AT tires
Jeep Body sprayed in gray "Linex"
Black Diamond plate rockers
Carbon look Dash
Carbon marine vinyl
4 Kicker 6.5" marine component set
10" JBL MPS-1000 Loaded marine grade sub
Kicker 400w Marine amp

Still researching
4-1/2" LED headlights
Rear LED tail lights
Front brush gaurd
ATV winch
Speaker Pods
Optima Blue top for audio

cfuller you are going to have one sweet cart when that thing is done, and it seems you are going about it first class!

Couple or so questions. You say the body has not yet been built. ($899 your other thread). Is that pick up only? Did you make a special deal? Asking because after I finish a project or two here I might just make road trip to get one at that price. How long does it take them to make it?

cfuller 04-18-2017 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooncarter (Post 1375023)
cfuller you are going to have one sweet cart when that thing is done, and it seems you are going about it first class!

Couple or so questions. You say the body has not yet been built. ($899 your other thread). Is that pick up only? Did you make a special deal? Asking because after I finish a project or two here I might just make road trip to get one at that price. How long does it take them to make it?

Thank you, I'm excited to see it all come together. Body was on eBay listed for $899, but on their web site I think they have it listed for $1,999. They happen to be manufactured in Florida so I figured I would save the shipping cash and pick it up myself. They build each one to order with a lead time of around 15 business days they said. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...cb4b4deae4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cfuller 04-18-2017 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golf cart man (Post 1375006)
going to be a cool build. If your custom front clip is anything like mine, be prepared to work. That thing was a real pain to get installed. They told me it was "bolt on" and it was far from that! Took a day+ of cutting and lining up to get it to sit proper. I had to be extra careful because it was delivered painted so I had to cut the body to fit. If possible do the test fit before its all painted. Front is heavy too. Have almost gone through a front set of tires in just over a year and the backs which were installed at same time are almost new.

Good luck though, when you are done you will love it. Nobody else in the area will have a cart as cool as yours I'm sure.

Yea, I'm hoping for a good fit but if not mine is just coming primed so I won't have to be as careful trying to get it fit. Once I get it all lined up I'll be able to pull it off and shoot it with the gray linex paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cfuller 04-20-2017 08:23 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Made some progress and got the cart back together. Rear seat installed, roof mounted, and front seats covered. Ordered HD rear leaf springs and Monroe 31176 shocks per other builds I've seen on BGW and new clear windscreen today, so now I'm just in a holding pattern until the Jeep body is finished or my new wheels are tires show up so i can get this thing lifted.

TheNewGuy 04-20-2017 10:56 AM

Awesome project!! I'm watching!! :thumbup::thumbup:

scooterman 04-20-2017 12:09 PM

Looking good, love that steering wheel!

cfuller 04-26-2017 05:10 PM

New Club Car DS Jeep build

More toys showed up today, new clear windscreen, HD rear leaf springs, new break shoes, and shocks. Still just waiting till the new wheels show up so I can rip the suspension apart and install the 6" lift kit and all the new goodies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...840981bf6a.jpg